View Single Post
      02-07-2017, 11:20 AM   #178
nbravo
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 e92

Yeah man, tough call. He has the fault code , i had him check it a week ago. He goes " i dont want to give you an answer now , i dont want to scare you" so either he does not know or he is trying to avoid replacing it for me. Hes a great tech but when i mentioned solenoids for the dowshift he kinda was like " what, oh those " but also when you try to tell a tech that you read a forum thread they kind of hate that shit lol. He had diagnosed my car 100% perfect every time and is a very good dude. He also may have not learned to do anything but replace bmw transmissions. A lot of people think that if you take them apart and change the fluid, etc that it will ruin them. Which sounds weird, he did say " the fluid is lifetime lasting, it could get worse changing it " and i just cant believe that. How is anything in a ever lasting? No way. I guess im stuck waiting on the news. Sucks! Im pretty confident the shop has my best interest but from reading around, there are more answers than just replacing the whole thing.
Appreciate 0