View Single Post
      04-01-2010, 06:04 PM   #1
zzzbullseye
BMW Addict
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i (F10)

Arrow DIY - E90 LCI Fog Light Bulb Swap

I popped in a pair of MTEC 4350k Fog Lights the other day and thought I would write up a quick DIY to show the process in case others might be interested.

The MTECs are truly plug and play - it's simply a matter of removing a few screws from the wheel well and lower front bumper and then swapping the bulbs.

I'm very pleased with the MTECs. The 4350s match my HIDs and LUX H8 angel eyes extremely well.

The pictures shown below (with screw locations and the bulb swapping steps) are for my '09 E90 LCI, other models/years may have slightly different setups, but should be similar.

Note: It's unnecessary to remove the wheel to perform the bulb swap, just rotate the wheels out of the way while performing the install.

Step-by-step

Start by removing the four screws from under the front bumper as shown in the pic below:

Next, remove the two screws in the wheel well as indicated in the pic below:

You should now be able to pull the wheel well liner open to gain access to the bulb. I've noted the bulb location in the pic below:

Here's a shot of the back of the bulb/wiring harness:

To swap out the bulb, remove the wiring harness by pulling down and then rotate the bulb counter clockwise. Do these steps in reverse to install the new bulb. See details in the pic below:

Here's the money shots:

Last edited by zzzbullseye; 01-18-2016 at 04:27 PM..
Appreciate 0