11-24-2014, 04:36 AM   #11
Pnutz295
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by roll_the_dice View Post
I have owned and run many small businesses from one employee (me), to 5 employees. I always answered customer questions via email, PMs and yes PHONE. It is a cop out that a company isn't "big enough" to have a customer service department. That is the beauty of voice mail. Return calls at your convenience.

I have also run customer services departments in big companies. This is a pet peeve of mine. It should not matter if the company is big or small sometimes customers need to talk to someone because email or PM cannot get the point across...and sometimes a customer may need verbal instructions not written. By stating we don't offer phone support, you are telling me you don't have time for the customer unless it is convenient for you.
1st you said, that is the beauty of voice mail. "Return calls at your convenience "
Then you said, by stating we don't offer phone support, you are telling me you don't have time for customers unless it is convenient for you?

Returning VM, PM or emailing is all the same, it is convenient for the vendor to do so.

When Im looking for prices, I like to get pms. So I can go back and see what the quote was. Plus, with pm I can see what was said vs. a phone call trying to remember what was said.

And with tracking numbers? Do you really want someone to read out how many letters and numbers out as you're writing it down?
Appreciate 0