View Single Post
      06-14-2011, 09:35 PM   #414
dbjb
I sweat pheromones
Rep
Drives: e92 335i, retired SLK55

Quote:
Originally Posted by orionredwing View Post
If you're running 100% distilled with MoCool, I think it means you have to be careful to not have the car sit in ~32F or below weather (freezing point of water)?

Ready to do another coolant flush and was wondering if I can keep this mix during the winter in NorCal (Bay Area). Sometimes it gets down to 30s, but inside garage should still be in the 40s.

Or should I just do a 30/70 coolant / water+2 bottles MoCool mix? Wonder how much difference it is to 100% distilled + 2 bottles MoCool?
Great question. I want to know as well. Why 2 bottles though?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkeybaster115 View Post
+1. I'm the only one, it seems, who used 30/70+water wetter.
Is that Coolant/Water or Water/Coolant?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkeybaster115 View Post
This is where I disagree with you. If by manual mode you mean using the paddle shifters, then you are wrong. Using the paddle shifters, causes coolant temps to spike rapidly!! Your typically in the 2-3-4 upshift/downshift, and the clutch packs will get very hot when you do this. This heat is transfered to the trans fluid, and then to the coolant. I leave the tranny in DS mode, and the computer doesn't allow radical downshifts/upshifts, while staying fairly aggressive, and keeps coolant temps low. I don't know how much heat traction control is adding, but remember, we have an open differential. Traction control is the only thing stopping one wheel from spinning faster than the other. Turn off, at your own risk! The car's handling is pretty on point, but TC off in the hands of a novice is dangerous.
Perhaps for those, like me, with a LSD, it does.
Appreciate 0