View Single Post
      08-07-2021, 10:01 AM   #282
l8nit3
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 328XI

Garage List
Hello e90post, I'm new here and have a few questions.

Having just purchased my 2011 E90 LCI 328XI (non-Idrive, non-CCC) a few days ago, I have ben researching like crazy on fun upgrades I can do (my first 'working' BMW).

I have looked all around at a few different forums, and come up with very similar information all around, however with a few discrepancies that leave me a bit bewildered.

First, VIN for verification (last 7): NN85977

I believe I have the base model radio, however have read that Hi-Fi was pretty much standard after sometime in 2010. I can post any pictures needed of rear doors, center posts, etc.

Now, with all this said, nearly ALL of the information I have found is from 2012-2015. Is this all still the current, correct information?

Is re-locating of the original HU required to maintain all options still?
Is there a more simple Plug-And-Play option? (Like for E65?)

My goal:
I care very little about actually upgrading the speakers/amp, as the sound is nice and clean already. I would love however the usability and modern look of a double din android system with google playstore for navi and tweak app installations(bimmergeeks, torque).

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, and MODS if this needs to be in its own thread let me know and I will do so.

*EDIT*
I have the base system, so far as I can tell no amp, no rear door speakers, and no A pillar speakers.

Last edited by l8nit3; 08-07-2021 at 10:09 AM..
Appreciate 0