View Single Post
      02-18-2020, 11:44 AM   #29
JPuehl
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i N55 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjuna View Post
I added the 98 xdf to the first post. I didn't define all of the exhaust valve control tables, mostly because this will take a little bit of testing. On my vehicle, the rows are R, N, 1-8 (total of 10 rows) but there are a few tables on the 98 that only have 9 rows.

Reverse is generally always closed, so it looks like it may be a R, N, 1-7? Possibly for MT guys, but we will have to test it.

As stated in the XDF, 255 is CLOSED, 0 is OPEN, and anywhere inbetween looks to weigh the load or some other logic to control the flap. There are some other bits to control the flap that I am not privvy to; it is very hard for me to track down single data registers across platforms. Most of the tables can be found through pattern matching, but single cells are hard to match.

Try it out and let me know. I can flesh it out with "breakpoints" and such if it works.
I looked at the "Exhaust" section and looked at all the values in the tables and for my car, which is an E, my values are 255 and 13, 13 must be open. I'm going to play with these a bit tonight. I have a DCT with 7 forward gears so I'll play with "Exhaust value control 5" to 8, just wish I knew when each is used.

I did make a change to your XDF file as the "Exhaust Valve Control 2" table fell to the very bottom of the parameter tree and I ordered the tables by the number on the name. I can email you the file if you're interested, apparently it's just a little too big to attach.

I appreciate your work on this and will report back what I find out about the exhaust tables.

1Mpostr
Appreciate 0