03-30-2020, 12:52 AM   #1
KnockingDiesel
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325xi

Solved

Hello all,

I have a 2006 325xi manual that's been awesome to own for the short time I've had it. Earlier while driving I decided to try and engage cruise control, I couldn't get it to engage, I assumed that it was me being unfamiliar with it. So later today I watched a video and it seemed straight forward so went for a ride to try it again and nothing. It was then I noticed on the odometer screen, in the upper right hand corner, a tiny triangle with exclamation point in it. So I plugged in my scan tool and pulled the codes. No other error warnings are present.

I did some research and found it could be the speed/abs sensor or abs pump, so while driving with my scanner I went through the live data menu and all four sensor are registering. So I ran an abs pump test and it passed.

In my research I found that almost everyone had other abs/DTS warning in the screen above the odometer screen and various other cluster lights illuminated. I was able to test all the cluster functions including the cruise control indicator and all were properly functioning.

I googled the codes individually and searched various bmw forums but not much other than suggest checking abs sensors and pump. I don't care for cruise control but it bothers me knowing that there is a nonfunctional system in my vehicle.

The codes are as follows:

CDAD-Message (request, wheel torque. Drivetrain, 0xFB) faulty receiver DME, transmitter DSC/LDM

D382-No message LDM (0xD5) receiver DSC. Transmitter LDM

A6CF-JBE:AUC sensor ( I believe this is the air quality sensor in the Hvac filter area, so maybe unrelated?)

The codes below are also present and after research there is a warning for these on the screen above the odometer, only during start up. All lights and indicators are functional.

9CBD-left step motor

9CBE-right step motor

930D-FRM side marker light, right faulty.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you.