View Single Post
      05-02-2020, 01:09 PM   #17
gbalthrop
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi E91

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnockingDiesel View Post
... 2006 325xi manual... try and engage cruise control, I couldn't get it to engage... The codes are as follows:
CDAD-Message (request, wheel torque. Drivetrain, 0xFB) faulty receiver DME, transmitter DSC/LDM
D382-No message LDM (0xD5) receiver DSC. Transmitter LDM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnockingDiesel View Post
So I figured it out...Thanks to an image I found on the M5 board I was able to decipher the fuse diagram icons.
Fuse 22 10a
Fuse 49 30a
Sorry to NOT see this thread until today (when you posted your solution ;-) However, there are some diagnostic lessons that can be learned from this case in which it apparently took over a MONTH to find the cause of the issue, and the fix was simply installing a proper fuse (at last as far as the Cruise Control ;-).

I would suggest learning how to use TIS Online Service Manual, and Bentley Manual, BOTH of which are free, online, see links in attached pdf, E9x References. The TWO codes identified above BOTH relate to an issue with signal transmission from the LDM, as received/NOT received by the DME or DSC respectively.

Your quote of the DEFINITION of "CDAD" is NOT correct, as the "receiving Module (DME) is NOT faulty, but rather the "FAULT" is lack of receipt of proper signal from the "transmitter" module (LDM) in EACH instance (CDAD & D382). When ONE module has a fault code saved in its memory that indicates lack of proper signal from ANOTHER Module, the fault almost always is associated with the "Transmitter"/Sending Module.

ANY time there is a fault associated with a module, the FIRST thing to check is power supply to that module. The module CANNOT send a signal WITHOUT being powered. In this case, if you go to the TIS circuit for the LDM Module in the 2006 325xi, you find this "Power Supply for longitudinal dynamics management (LDM):
https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e...nt-ldm/ehJTo63

Fuse F22 provides power to the LDM (10 Amp fuse). So that is the FIRST thing to check: quick, cheap & easy.

As far as fuse chart for your vehicle, there SHOULD be a "tri-fold" fuse chart attached to the removable panel in the "Rear" (as viewed from passenger seat, ACTUALLY "vehicle Front") of the glovebox, but that is cursory at best. Bentley has the best fuse chart I know of. I'll attach the two jpg pages to the next post so as NOT to mess up the margins of this post. THAT fuse chart is ONLY related to 2006 & EARLY 2007 E9x models, built BEFORE 3/1/2007, as the Junction Box (JB) fusebox LAYOUT was CHANGED effective 3/1/2007, and fuse NUMBERING was changed effective 9/2007 for 2008 & LATER models.

As you will see from that Bentley Fuse Chart, F49 is a 30A fuse that powers Passenger Seat Heating: UNRELATED to any reported fault. Here is the TIS circuit for F49 on the 2006 model:
https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e...9-fuse/oXFS95o

I'm glad you found the cause of the issue. Hopefully we can ALL learn something about how to properly diagnose the CAUSE in the future.

George
Attached Images
File Type: pdf E9x References.pdf (218.0 KB, 47 views)

Last edited by gbalthrop; 05-02-2020 at 01:25 PM..
Appreciate 1