View Single Post
      09-04-2019, 02:06 AM   #1
Sparky28
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 335d

Small turbo failed 2014 335d

Just had a call from the dealers saying my small turbo has failed.
There’s a story behind this though,Had the car serviced beginning of this year then the car went to dealers in March for an EGR cooler under a recall.
When I got the car back I noticed it started to smoke at low revs,the car drove well,was good on fuel BUT started to use a litre of oil each week.The car never used any oil or smoked before the EGR cooler was swapped.
Had the car in the dealers twice after this & they changed a breather pipe & claimed it was fixed.
It wasn’t so it got booked in again but I told thevgarage if it wasn’t fixed this time then I would contact BMW UK.
Anyway got a call yesterday saying the turbo had gone & it was totally unrelated.I was about to go nuclear but then they claimed to have contacted BMW UK telling them the car had been in 3 times,etc.
Now they claim it’s unrelated but they’ve offered to pay 100% parts cost for the turbo & 60% towards labour which leaves me with a bill of £640.
It sticks in my throat abit but I think I’ve dodged a bullet really.As well as the turbo it needs a new oil filter & oil which I have to pay for but is included in the price of £640.
Anybody else had a small turbo failure?
Thanks
Steve
Appreciate 0