View Single Post
      12-12-2011, 09:15 PM   #2
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

They don't make the weight equal on all 4 corners. Corner balancing only takes into account cross weights, front left + rear right should equal front right + rear left when a car is properly corner balanced. The actual weight difference from corner to corner can and will vary, sometimes as much as 50-80 lbs.

And no, if you don't plan on ever taking the car to the track, it's not worth it. Heck eve if you plan on taking the car to the track, it won't be worth it until you actually know what you're doing with the car in terms of driving it. The change is minute and really only appreciable when you're capable of really driving the car. I had about 7 years of HPDE experience and probably about 60 full days on the track when I had my car corner balanced, and it was a HUGE difference for me. But had it been MY first track event? I'd be like, that was $300's worth? Could have blown that money on some bling aero wing instead.
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 0