View Single Post
      07-15-2012, 04:49 AM   #89
Vanity
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 LCI

Instead of working for money, you could always figure out how to make money work for you. If you don't know what I'm talking about, then you probably will have to end up working for money your entire life. I understand you work in the Bank, but learn finances and the tricks you can do with money and interest rates and ROI's. Risky? Yes, if you don't know how to manage it.

As for the car, if you were making 35k/year I'd say you couldn't afford it and should definitely not have done that. However, if you had been a real estate agent and making 35k/year, then no, don't sell the car as a nicer car is definitely one of the selling points for that profession (I wouldn't deal with a Real Estate agent driving say... a 95 Toyota Rav4, for example. He/she is probably not that good at their job atm). But for you, it's purely excess. Your car depreciates 30% annually, I really hope you love it that much you can afford to live a budgeted life and still factor in that kind of depreciation on any sort of enjoyment. That's not making money work for you. That's working for money.