View Single Post
      11-10-2018, 07:23 PM   #3
gbalthrop
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi E91

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeSa26 View Post
09' 330D E90 the only code I always get is something related to the Junction Box Passenger with the following error code and message:

Systems:
Junction Box Passenger / Beifahrer
:FONDSCHICHTUNGSPOTI / FONDSCHICHTUNGSPOTENTIOMETER
Code: 009C69
I don't speak German, and Google Translate doesn't always do well with technical translations, but my SWAG is:

Rear Stratification Potentiometer

If you've never ridden in the rear of your car, you may not even realize you have one. It is similar to the Front Stratification Potentiometer thumbwheel in the center of the dash that gives fine-tuning of face vent temp vs. footwell vent temp.

If you refer to the TIS circuit diagram linked below, there is a "Rear Stratification Flap Motor", M4723, and there is also R12, "Fresh Air Grill, Rear Compartment" which appears to also contain a Potentiometer, and is connected to the JBE (A4010a), so THAT is probably the component in question:
https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e...bution/uZS1ONq

"R12" may NEVER have been used (unless you regularly have rear seat passengers who play with controls ;-), and potentiometer/ variable resistors often act up without regular (at least once-a-year ;-) exercise. Suggest spray with electronic contact cleaner & rotate stop-to-stop.

Please let us know what you find,
George
Appreciate 0