View Single Post
      12-03-2019, 01:02 PM   #106
Soravia
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E91 Silver xDrive 6MT

First pic is where you can pull out the pins from the original 6 pin plug. Used a thin flat head to pop out the plastic clip, push in the metal clip using a very small but strong steel pin. I used the smallest Allen Wrench I could find. Not only you have to push down on the metal tip clip and pull, you also have to push out the tip of it. Allen tool bent tip comes in handy for leverage there.

How do I fish the wire across from steering to the glove box fuse box?

I fished it across the center dash trim. Easiest to pop out, and I didn't have ash tray to wire from.
Pull out the center buttons (push straight through) to reconnect the wires easier.
I left the start button out to replace the worn trim later. You can also fish it to the center console 12V plug and tap it in. But it will take different stuff to not cut into the OE wiring.

For LCI car with heated seat, I used Fuse 10 to tap the original 5 AMP for heated front seats. Now just like the heated seats, without car running the heated steering won't turn on and drain battery.
Your glove box back cover that covers the fuse box will have fuse diagram if you look at the back of the cover panel. The diagram is folded neatly in the back of panel.
Attached Images

Last edited by Soravia; 12-03-2019 at 10:05 PM..
Appreciate 0