activereality
Newb to BMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Coupe (E92)

Garage List
Well, played with it some today. And down to 1 of two conclusions:
1. The N7 Pro does not show back up camera while in reverse - PDC screen only
2. Firmware update of some sort required?

Reason:
1. Wired in a relay to power the Camera while in reverse, Camera getting voltage, no camera unless it is selected from the HU Still.
This is the same voltage level +/- 0.5 VDC.

Owners manual _does_ speak to a 'Reverse' settings menu - which is not currently on my Dynavin HU. This seems odd, as I have rear PDC, but it does show front PDC as well(on-screen while in reverse). The manual options are: 'None", 'ODC', 'Camera', 'PDC + Camera'. ( I am obviously looking for the 'PDC + Camera' to be active haha. I find it odd that it is showing the front PDC zone as well, as my vehicle is (or is vehicle VIN decoders) factory coded to S507 (which should be PDC Rear).

I am wondering if this unit only works with Factory Back-Up camera and that it is coded into the vehicle? If so, why have the hot to the camera as an option and not allow its use for other functions that the unit actually receives?
Or
Possibly need to recode something in the vehicle so the Dynavin sees the PDC system differently and allows this 'Reverse' Settings screen to be accessible? If that is done, wonder what other modules/items would need to be added to the e92 to make it work well enough that the Dynavin can see it?

The N7 does see the Vehicle Diagnostics and Climate control variables. So I know it is not a faulty connection. I think I might check the versions and see what disparity I have there. I just received the unit, so I would think it would be up to date from the factory (since it does not seem like they are updating them every week), but that is not a guaranty.

Overall, I am still loving the unit. This is really the only thing that has not gone perfectly smooth so far, which is not a biggie. I am hoping though, that the solution to my issue to have to add a bunch of BMW Equipment, so I can code rear camera, and then the Dynavin will 'see' it. Not exactly what I was wanting. But it might be a reality. If maybe the E92 needs to be coded for the camera - and not having all the associated equipment installed - then the N7 "See's" it, that wouldn't be too bad.
Appreciate 0