View Single Post
      06-20-2022, 01:53 PM   #8
DanMZe90
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 330D SE

Interestingly I found a Czech BMW forum where a member had the same code under same circumstances (changing stats, problems with DPF). I joined the forum and posted on the thread to see if they had solved the problem as it had not had an answer from 2018. I have just had a reply from another member saying the following (translated):

Quote:
The oil can be diluted with fuel during frequent regeneration of the particulate filter, test the oil on paper with a napkin, you can find the rest on Google. This is the so-called drip oil test. Alternatively, aspirate, if the oil is OK, about half a liter so that it is between the lines. If it is diluted with fuel, the oil will definitely change, losing viscosity. I guess your oil is getting a little bigger. If extreme, you may have a cracked or leaky piston.
Having googled DPF regen it would seem that fuel used for the regen is fed back into the oil with an unsuccessful regen...I did not know that. Being that I've had a fair share of those over the past couple of months I would hazard a guess and say it isn't a fault with a sensor but an actual fact. However, I was hoping the CBS would catch up but it still says next year for an oil change...guess I'll have to bring that forward!
Appreciate 0