10-10-2019, 09:02 PM   #127
CRE
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0si Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaellcoates View Post
Nice!! I'm current tuning up the e50 tune, running so well, super impressed with this N52 motor. I'm going to run through the gas, send the logs and get a dyno on the 93 tune this week. Once the tweaks are made to the e50 tune, I'll run dyno again. Curious to see where I'm at with the 110mm pulley, this thing pulls and feels very similar to my old Mazdaspeed 6 big turbo as far as high end power. I was pushing 360 awhp. Depending how the trans holds up, I'll look to meth as well since your silicone port has been working out in the charge pipe. I'm considering the X delete app as well, I've seen it helps with reducing power loss.

I was really hoping to get on the S65 swap in this winter but since I've battled so hard with the tuning, I feel I need some redemption and time. Still doing the rear and quarters install plus a full Tanzanite Blue respray, so that should hold me over a bit.
What's the X delete app for? Also, What are you using for data logging?

I don't have any signs of pooling as far as I can tell. I pulled the charge pipe and it's dry. I heard a rattle before the pulley upgrade, so I finally pulled the large DISA valve... shot. So I've got a replacement on the way. I expect my low RPM/boost response should improve a fair bit. As for concerns about pooling, I need to free up a couple hours to pull the intake manifold to really check. I'm still running the smallest nozzle set to start at one PSI and with 7psi as the full mark.

I replied earlier to someone whose shop put the boost signal in the upper part of the plenum. It donned on me that that spot is probably a good one as BMW put the MAP sensor in the same location. Now that I've seen how the port behind the throttle body reports I'm going to go ahead and place a port in the upper plenum in order to compare... Because... why not? :P
Appreciate 0