View Single Post
      07-12-2020, 10:08 AM   #7
jkrig
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07' e90 335i (SGM)

Couple things to consider...Megs UC is good but remember it's more of a consumer friendly compound so not super aggressive but works well enough for most. The pads you are using aren't that aggressive either despite what the marketing says it's almost always paint dependent. In your case you are dealing with hard clear so for remaining swirls I would try more aggressive pad and or fluid. I would start with a pads since you made the investment on fluids (UC and UP)....you can buy a pad or two to try out. You could give micro-fiber pads a try or wool pads, I really like LC Blue Hybrid Foamed Wool pads they cut and finish really well especially on hard paint you may even get acceptable results in one step. If you choose to stick with UC as your compound be sure to have some prep-wipe on hand to check your results after making a few test passes, UC and UP are kinda oily and has a tendency to fill a bit.......

Once you finds the best combo, make sure you have enough pads to to the job...compressed air is the best way to clean them out after a section pass or two, next best is a pad brush, keeping clean pads ensures consistent results. What's nice about the wool pad I suggested is that they don't clog as easily/quickly as MF.

Rids well ....honestly you could be chasing them endlessly, swirls are typically a majority of the defects and the most visible .....so I would focus on going after the swirls.....