View Single Post
      05-20-2007, 05:34 AM   #3
Slaz
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 330d SE Montego Blue

Garage List
I initially had some problems getting my DAB to find stations but it was just a question of leaving it about 5 minutes in station seek mode before it locked on to the transmitters. Since then its been brilliant with coverage everywhere I normally go in the South East. Just back from the Highlands of Scotland and no surprises that DAB didn't work there bt I didn't expect it to!

The manual pays lip service to the DAB and doesn't say that you need to wait a few minutes for it to find the stations - hence the reason I was initially worried as well. After I thought about it I remembered that the DAB radio we have in the bedroom also took a few minutes to get its act together. Clearly DAB needs a bit of time to get ready when you first use it, which of course is a bit weird coming from FM/AM where you just tune the frequency and then hear music straight away after switching on.

Hope you get it sorted as the sound quality is superb. I have set up about 7/8 stations as stored favourites and just flick between them using the steering wheel up and down buttons.