01-28-2018, 10:06 PM   #10
arkie6
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i sedan

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
I started it up today and the new injectors appear to have corrected the warm start idle stutter and stumble. I did about a half dozen or more warm starts and every time the idle immediately jumps up to 800-900 RPM and smoothly drops back down to ~650 RPM. I drove it ~10 miles to warm it up for an oil change and there were no check engine lights, no pending codes on my OBD scanner, and no cylinder misfire counts on any of the cylinders. After the oil change I drove it about 20 miles and filled it up with gas. No issues whatsoever. Smooth idle, plenty of power, and by the onboard fuel mileage indicator, it appears to be getting better MPG, but this may be due to the fact that I haven't coded the injectors yet. Previously on a trip like this I would be showing long term fuel trim = 0% and short term fuel trim = +33%. On this trip with the new injectors I still had long term fuel trim = 0%, but short term fuel trim was -3% on one bank and -5% on the other bank. Anyway, it appears to be running good with the new injectors. I am going to wait to drive it hard or any distance until I get the injectors coded.
Appreciate 0