View Single Post
      06-18-2021, 02:47 AM   #112
Emil98
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 LCI 2009

Cool Worth it

First of all, Thank you for this detailed DIY. Managed to successfully make the retrofit from M-ASKII to CIC Professional with all functions working including the navigation. The difference is indescribable.
The trickiest part was the FSC coding, and to write the new VIN to all modules. I found a different version of FSTool2 with preset files, and step by step guide and worked like a charm. It can do the 17, 19, 1b certificates.
The next problem was that if I entered the activated navigation menu, it immidiately asked me the activation code, but I couldn't check the actual version of the navi,
so I didn't know which version I should use to update and to generate the activation code.
Found this exact problem on a different thread, Tool32 can do the job to check which version has it.
If someone would ask which part was the most difficult, I would say get the tools for FSC Certification. I saved all the working stuffs in one place. So If anyone need, I can send it.
The next thing I would like to accomplish is the Hungarian Language.
But as I read in other threads the coding with NCS is not enough, you need to update the firmware versions in a correct order and with an appropriate tool which is an ICOM interface.
At first when you read the DIY it seems difficult and complex. When you finally spent $500 or more to the stuffs (I managed to do for $350)
and start to disassembly the old and assembly the new CIC, it seems less difficult, and when you reach to the coding you get excited not to mess up something.
My goal is to encourage everybody who thinking about this retrofit, because If I would do this again it probably would only took half of the time or less than for the first time
and furthermore your car looks many years younger than before.
Anyway anybody is interested in a working M-ASKII navi?
Ohh and be careful with the postal services because it can be tricky...
Attached Images

Last edited by Emil98; 06-18-2021 at 02:49 AM.. Reason: Too long lines
Appreciate 0