View Single Post
      02-01-2011, 03:48 AM   #142
kuvesh
Lieutenant
Singapore
Rep
Drives: e92 335i juiced

I drive an e92 335i (manufactured oct 2007) but only has 20,000km on the clock.

I have been experiencing a chronic CEL indicating a stability control problem which, amongst other things, has disabled my ABS and traction control meaning I need to “drive moderately”.

I am told that I am not the first customer to experience this problem with a 335. One workshop suggested this failure is due to excessive heat in the 335 engine bay that causes failure of the DSC unit.

The recommended solution was to replace the Hydro Unit DSC (part number 34506777164).

From what I can gather, this conclusion was reached by at least one workshop based on the fact that the Hydro Unit DSC would not communicate with the diagnostic tool / code reader to specify the exact problem (other than the general error indicated by the car’s ECU that was displayed on i-drive).

Replacement of the Hydro Unit DSC is obviously an expensive part ($2k) especially since my car is out of warranty, so I am looking for affordable fixes as I plan to sell the car soon.

I noticed that BMW has released a “Repair Kit, control unit DSC” (part number 34516777165), but no-one has been able to explain to me when a the repair kit is a suitable fix versus a total replacement of the Hydro Unit DSC.

Can anyone help me on this?

Also, I remember reading in some posts that if the Repair Kit was used, a “re-programming” was required. What does this mean and does it require special software / equipment? Is a re-programming needed if I replace the entire Hyrdo Unit DSC?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

HAMANN FRONT APRON, SIDES, ROOF SPOILER & QUAD DIFFUSER | VORSTEINER VRS TRUNK | CSC3 ON 19” ADVAN RS | BREMBO GT BBK | BASTUCK QUAD | KW V2 | JB3 v1.3s beta | BMW PERFORMANCE STEERING WHEEL | M3 SIDE MIRRORS | M5 SMG SHIFT KNOB | BLACKOUT GRILLS | PARTIALLY SMOKED LIGHTS | WINDOW TINT
Appreciate 0