10-24-2012, 02:22 PM   #36
MCoupeInsanity
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWLove86 View Post
NICE. CAN i DO IT OR CANT I?
1. Not. Well, for a BMW extended warranty, the answer will be "no." I don't know if a private, third party warranty vendor might sell you one, but IF THEY DO:

2. That would be fraud on your behalf, assuming you didn't tell them about the problem, they issued you a policy, then you went and made a warranty claim.

Use your head. Your car is fixable for less than $15k, possibly (based on some responses to this thread) MUCH less, but even if it wasn't... engaging in fraudulent behavior has the very real possibility of putting you in a NON-FIXABLE situation, with a felony conviction for a crime of moral turpitude and dishonesty. Getting jobs after that will be... a really fun and interesting experience!

Of course, it's impossible to state the odds that you'll get caught, prosecuted, and convicted -- perhaps none of those will happen. I know I wouldn't take the risk, though.

On a less utilitarian note: When do people forget basic lessons like "it isn't cool to rip people off," and "you should do the right thing"? What the fuck is wrong with you? Were your parents complete assholes, or did you pick it up independently? I'm trying to get my head around what made you think it would be "ok" to buy an extended warranty for an ALREADY BROKEN CAR and then go and make a warranty claim. Irrespective of the strict legality (again, if you're confused: it's illegal), didn't that jump out at you as an obviously immoral thing to do?

Last edited by MCoupeInsanity; 10-24-2012 at 02:28 PM..
Appreciate 0