View Single Post
      06-16-2013, 09:45 AM   #1
777ER
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi

A/C blower/vent speed issue

I've been playing around with my A/C settings to see how I can get more airflow in cooling since it seems lacking in comparsion with my other car (2010 honda accord)

What I've notice is if I set these settings:
  • Front vents ON
  • AUTO mode OFF
  • Auto recirculate/manual recirculate both OFF
  • A/C ON
  • Fan speed set to HIGH

It blows the same speed and chill as if 'MAX' mode is set...but with these settings above...after 15 to 17 mins of running, all of a sudden the air blows cold, fast, and hard like I like it.

I am able to duplicate it all the time, every 15-17 mins when I notice it, I look at the clock and notice it's been 15 to 17 mins after I left the office parking lot to the time it happens. Regardless of outdoor temp.

If I turn the car off say stop at a bank or errands and start it back up for the next trip, it won't do it until 15 to 17 mins of running.

I've looked everywhere in the owners manual for the reason it does this, couldn't find it. Also not able to manually force it to occur anytime regardless of settings.

I'm thinking the car stays in recirculation mode no matter what until it gets cool enough and then the vent from the outside opens and a rush of air starts coming out as it's running with no restrictions.

Basically the A/C is blowing cold air everytime the temp is set to cold temp, and the A/C is on but this whole thing is about the fan or blower speed issue.

Does anyone know why it does this and how can I force it to come on when I start the car instead of driving or waiting 15 to 17 mins?
Attached Images

Sedan | Poplar trim | Steptronic | Cold Package | Power front seats w/memory | Xenon Adaptive Headlights | PDC | 2008 Plate LED's | PBX | LUX v5.2
Appreciate 0