Thread: Bilstein B8
View Single Post
      02-10-2018, 11:28 AM   #52
Emilime75
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i E92 LeMans Blue

As I'm currently researching suspension upgrades for my E92 335i, I find this thread and the various opinions very interesting.

What I don't see mentioned is tires, and how those can effect ride and handling perceptions.

So, you can have 2 people, with the same car and the same suspension with 2 different tire types experience 2 different characteristics. RFTs typically ride stiffer, and I believe is likely what most are riding on. Some have replaced with non RFTs. Not to mention the differing comfort and handling characteristics of either tire types regardless of RFTs or non RFTs between various brand/model tires. 17, 18, 19...side wall height, side wall compliance, stretch... There's so much more involved, and necessary additional information needed to judge one aspect of the suspension like shocks/struts compared to the same shock/strut setup on someone else's car.

To take that further, what condition are the remaining suspension and steering components in? Alignment...in spec, some altered numbers from OEM? Then of course there's the simple fact that 2 different people will have a different opinion of an identical item, it comes down to being human and that we don't all experience the same things in the same way.
Appreciate 0