07-19-2018, 05:32 PM   #9
OR335d
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BWM 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damogs View Post
How do these cars tow? I plan on doing some towing my track car with a 330d N57, yet to see anyone else towing a car though
The tow incredibly. Make sure you get the proper weight distribution and don't tow without trailer brakes if you are over the equivalent of a full load of passengers. Execuhitch makes an awesome bolt on hitch, totally invisible. They include a wiring adapter that integrates with the car wiring to let you know if there is a trailer light out. If you go with the wireless Prodigy brake controller, you will need to not use this, but rather a dumb brake wiring interface.

I'd be embarrassed to say or show the boat and trailer I have towed at different times, but our car is rated to tow 4,400 lbs in Europe. Keep in mind the totally different regulations there: Under 45mph, separate endorsement on your license, smarter drivers in general...

Around here, I wouldn't go over 2,500 lbs.