View Single Post
      08-01-2018, 08:01 PM   #8
DriveBikeRun
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i E90 M Sport

Still unresolved, but finally making progress. First indy thought that battery just needed to be reregistered, but they tried that and the codes came right back the same day, and it kicked the registration again. Then they pretty much threw their hands in the air and said they couldn't help until the problem worsened. They were not mod friendly and wanted to blame everything on the flash tune. I'm not ruling that out, but they were acting more out of fear without any real logic to back it up.

Phone interviewed a couple other indy shops and found one who is performance oriented (has a dyno) and was really willing to engage in the diagnosis process. Met him today and witnessed part of the process. He wanted to monitor voltage while I went WOT (talk about trusting a stranger!). On the first pull, it didn't go into limp mode, but voltage immediately dropped from above 14V to about 12V and did not recover after the pull. Also, most of the same codes related to BSD messages and over voltage came back in pending status. So that is leading him toward either the alternator or IBS sensor as prime suspects. Appreciate his methodical approach to find the root cause without jumping to conclusions. He is doing some more testing in that direction and I should get an update in the morning.