View Single Post
      03-05-2019, 04:47 AM   #116
uncle_sam
Private
Philippines
Rep
Drives: G05 xDrive 30d Sophisto Gray

Retrofit for Auto-fold Side Mirrors

My e92 M3 has manual folding side mirrors. I wish to make it auto-folding via door switch or via remote key fob (coded). I have electric memory seats, auto-dip mirror function.

I already bought the driver side window/door switch panel with button for side mirror. I also have Carly and coded the auto fold function but message shows that the mirrors should have LIN-bus to make them fold.

Have searched thru various forums and most suggested to buy a pair of side mirrors with auto-fold/auto-dip function (PN# 51168053711 & -712) which now cost $1100-1200/pair brand new. Even used part outs cost at least $400+ per piece.

Instead of buying the whole side mirror assembly, will it work if I just buy the LIN-bus parts (PN# 67137191398) and side mirror wiring assembly (PN# 67136972536 & -537) and just plug & play these into my existing side mirrors? Of course, I will also replace the window door switch panel with button. Cost of LIN-bus and wiring is only $250 per side or half the price for a brand new pair of side mirrors.

Will this work? Are the side mirror wiring assembly even necessary given that I already have electric power seats and auto-dip function?
Appreciate any comments/advice.

Sam
Appreciate 0