08-12-2019, 07:28 AM   #124
Jose_JN
Private First Class
Spain
Rep
Drives: e93 330d

Quote:
Originally Posted by r77 View Post
I got too excited with this DIY and ordered on ebay the autodimming mirrors (only the glass). I already had power folding mirrors, auto-dip and memory seats. I thought it was just a question of replacing the mirrors with the autodimming ones and do some coding. When I removed the original mirror, it only had two wires that connect to two pins on the mirror (heating probably). The autodimming mirror that I got has a plug with four pins inside. What are my options now? Get a new harness?
Hi,

If you already have folding feature and you have bought the dimming glass, you also need to repace the wiring harness in both mirrors.
The harness is also a LIN Controller. It is not easy to find them in ebay so your best option is to order them at your local dealer or maybe find a broken mirror and remove the harness.

I did it with my friend's car. To install them I had to cut the floding wires (yellow and white) and solder them in the new LIN controller because I did not find the way to unplug the folding motor without remove the spring and folding axle.

Best regards!