View Single Post
      05-11-2021, 04:31 PM   #128
Leegbr
Private
Rep
Drives: Bmw e92 320d

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroZ View Post
I took a quick look at ISTA/D for my car (E93) it only has 3 wires. you may need to change the wiring. Compare your wiring in ISTA/D with an E93, as all E93s have memory seats and auto dip mirrors. does your passenger mirror dip when you go into reverse?

if you do need to change change the wiring, the wires you need (LIN bus, 12v gnd) are avaliable in the door. you would only need to tap three wires from the door wiring loom (window switch) to the mirror. If you do this please document what you do with a few pics.

As you are UK based this should be quite cheap to do- there are loads of folding mirrors on ebay for around £80-£100. switches are fairly cheap (£20) on aliexpress but you have wait for shipping. if you sell your old mirrors/switches you may break even.
Will look into this once I’ve got the logic 7 install sorted. Hit a bump buy buying a knackered amp.

I had the passenger door card off and there was a cable that looked like it branched off from the window switch, it wasn’t connected to anything so couldn’t tell what it was for.
Appreciate 0