01-27-2014, 11:59 PM   #17
ybbiz34
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2023 330i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanson View Post
How are you liking the E class?
The E550 is great! Thanks for asking. The steering is noticeably lighter than the C63's (which is refreshingly heavy but consistent across the board) but it's still phenomenal. There's really no slop in the steering at all. It is very accurate and communicative, although it's more buttery soft with its preciseness as compared to the C63.

Once you set the E550's throttle sensitivity and shift program to S, it really becomes a sharper car with brutally effective power delivery. The turbos spool up quickly and once that happens, you get hit with a surge of torque.

When using the paddle shifters, the upshifts are slower than those on the MCT-equipped C63 but the downshifts seem to come when you want them to.

The active side bolsters that inflate instantaneously to hug you during turns are awesome. The thigh bolsters seem flat as compared the the much taller, beefier ones that are in the C63.

I can slide right into the seat instead of doing my race car entry procedure, which is a required exercise for clearing the the thigh bolster in the C63. People probably think I'm crazy when I'm getting into the C63 in public.

Being able to change the ambient lighting (brightness and colors) throughout the E550 cabin is a nice touch too, especially at night.
Gone: '18 W205 C43 Sedan
Gone: '13 W204 C63 Sedan
Appreciate 0