blueh88
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 330d M Sport Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS DAVE View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueh88 View Post
Yes blue smoke sometimes. Yeah thinking the worst I might just need to get this repaired. You're right and after speaking to a few people they've all said the play shouldn't be more than a few tenths of a mm either side.

Did you replace with a vortex style or just kept it empty? With regards to crankcase breather.
That turbo isn't fucked it has a bit more play than is ideal, is it rubbing the inside of the compressor housing? also you need to check the end float ie in and out if its more than 2 to 4 thou the thrust bearing is worn and it needs a rebuild. i can steer you in the right direction for that,
Thanks Dave, yes I've checked the thrust and I can't feel any play in that direction and no fouling on the housing.
I am a bit more at ease and going down the other routes i.e. crankcase breather etc. even going to give the inlet manifold a good old refresh when I get the new gaskets delivered.
Thanks, will let you know if I do end up doing the turbo. I have got a few quotes already.
Appreciate 0