View Single Post
      01-23-2008, 07:57 PM   #28
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Hi guys,
The only real problem that I am aware of has been reported by 4 or 5 people using the unofficial "dyno only" speed delimiter feature (the green wire intercepting the speed sensor signal). The engine gallops during cold start for a few seconds. I've spent the last 5 days doing scope readings trying to recreate it here and I have finally found a strange reading. Looks like there is a bug in that feature that kicks out an implausible speed output right after initial start-up for a fraction of a second (as the PROcede initializes). If that is indeed the problem, it won't be hard to solve. Should know within the next few days. Why it only effects a few people and not everyone using this feature is still unknown. For now, if you are getting this symptom, just remove that green loom. It's optional and the only feature you will lose is the speed input/delimiter feature.

There are a 2 or 3 people throwing limp codes a high RPM for another reason. And I will get to that now that I think we have the other issue figured out. It's important to realize that there can be a number of reasons for any code issue (spark plugs, fuel pump, ignition coil recall, ecu update recall, etc,.) It does take time for us to rule out these possibilities in a methodical way without wasting the customers time or money.

Shiv
Appreciate 0