View Single Post
      08-28-2018, 11:28 AM   #4
Flackoo
Rep
Drives: Bmw 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayLivingston View Post
Most common sources are the valve cover gasket, and oil filter block gasket, both of which should be expected to fail at something around 100K miles. The valve cover gasket will typically leak onto the exhaust manifolds, while the oil filter block will typically leak either down the front of the engine, or the LH side. Both can start leaking fairly suddenly.

That said, it's a bit silly to be asking people here where the leak is, without doing SOME basic investigation into WHERE the oil is coming from. Does the puddle appear under the RH side of the engine? If so, most likely the valve cover. Under the LH side, or front? Most likely the oil filter block gasket. The oil pan is another likely, but somewhat less so, possibility. There are also oil feeds to the turbos, but leaks there are pretty unlikely. Front and real main seal leaks are very unlikely. You need to investigate and provide more information before anyone here can make any kind of educated guess.

What you show in the video looks to me like coolant, not oil

Regards,
Ray L.
It's oil not coolant it can't be the valve cover gasket because it was replaced 2k miles ago I could be the oil filter block gasket because all the oil was in front of the engine. However when I turned the car on to get it up on the tow truck it was squirting oil a ton of oil I couldn't get a good view on where it was coming from but I was the front. But like I said no expert gonna leave it to my mechanic just want to know what I may be dealing with. The car has 87k miles on it btw.
Appreciate 0