View Single Post
      08-28-2022, 12:49 PM   #30
Jpbernier
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i Xdrive

Is this thread still alive? I have same problem

I know this is quite an old thread - wondering if anyone who posted here originally is still monitoring. My '11 328i Xdrive seems to have the same problem as described here (no iDrive screen tho, just the basic radio/cd player). It does have the Combox (S6VC) and USB/Audio (S6FL) features. I've tried multiple aux cables, even replaced the aux-in/usb plug in the armrest. Aux-in shows up as an option on the head unit, but no sound when anything is plugged into it. USB audio plays great through and old iPod.

I took the car to the dealership thinking maybe they could reprogram it - which they did, and a lot of dollars later told me that the Combox was bad so I bought a salvaged one from eBay, and it has the identical problem as the original one. I thought it was unlikely they were both bad in the same way. Next I bought a Veepeak reader, and BimmerCode, but there is no mention whatsoever of the Aux-in, much less the actual S6FL code itself.

In summary, is the only way to fix this with NCS Expert, and the $90 cable? If so, that's fine, but I don't want to spend another hundred bucks on something that isn't going to fix the problem. I'd really like to be able to connect my phone to this car to stream music.
Appreciate 0