United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 VW JSW

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SE3P_to_E90
A few questions...

1. Do the originally xenon equipped e90's have the same controls?
2. How do I just turn on the angel eyes?
3. Can I install BREX or PMB's before putting these xenons on the car and follow the same procedure?
4. Per this information, "This conversion will give u an error for 5 sec if the car is started and the light switch is in the OFF position.
YOu will get NO error if you start the car with the light switch in the ON position," is there any way to get rid of this message?
5. Would a dealer install the xenons for me--following this DIY--and how much would they charge?

Sorry for the questions -- getting my xenon's tomorrow and you guys are like the electrical gurus.

James
1. Yes the controls are the same, just plug and play if you currently have xenons.
2. Just turn your light switch to the running light position, which is one click before all the lights are turned on.
3. Putting Brex, PMB, PIAA or any bulb in the housing before installing would be the easiest. I did this with my PIAA bulbs.
4. What you stated is correct. A couple people, mainly ADHD(the brains haha) and myself(i've thrown enough money at it) are trying to figure out a fix. ADHD is trying to order a euro footwell module to see if that fixes things and I'm working with my dealership to do a complete swap, wiring, sensors and all.
5. Maybe? Depends on your dealership. Mine in particular said yes and currently I have spent a little more that 1K on the install to date. That is including the wiring modification currently provided, footwell module, and all install time. I do have adaptive euros so for me to do a complete install(getting the adaptive features to work) can and may get pretty pricey.

The current set up I have does get rid of the error message but not without problems. My high beams will not stay on, I can flash my highs but not leave on. If that's something that wont bother you then just stop there. I maybe use my high beams about 5-10 times a year for longer than just a flash. Thus I can live without it. I'm still down to doing a complete set up though.

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter
Appreciate 0