08-28-2021, 09:13 AM   #204
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RectalItching View Post
I think this is happening to my car as well now. 2006 E90 330i. I had the last oil service done at BMW at about 222k miles. Right now it has about 224k miles and the oil service will only reset to zero but counts backwards, or negative. I just found this thread and just ordered a scan tool but i was hoping to:
1. read the code with a scan tool, possible deactivate it if supported
2. Talk to (waiting for a call back) from my local BMW about the bulletin and see if they will deactivate it free, showing the bulletin
3. pursue DIY deactivate with some type of software.

I still have to look at this post in full, but it looks like there isn't another problem elsewhere, like I originally thought, with a level sensor or pressure sensor. Also the last two posts had members with similar mileage as mine, which i found strange and nowhere near 300,000 kilometers
So the deactivation is programmed to trigger at 300,000 kilometers (186,000 miles). The OCI interval is dictated by more than just the oil quality data from the oil sensor in the oil pan, so the ECU calculates the next OCI based on the last oil quality data it gets. If you use an "assumed" 15,000-mile typical OCI the next oil change after 186,000 miles 200,000 is where the system starts to stop calculating. I changed the oil in my car at 195K and at 212K is when my reset started showing the problem. At 221K, the CBS wouldn't reset and does what yours is doing now.

Just get the software patch coded, that is the only thing your car needs.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0