09-07-2006, 09:28 PM   #73
gohawks23
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bauer S29s

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilbelcher
People, its not just the extra 45 more HP that makes this a night and day difference, its the huge incremental amount of torque that sets this apart! Don't forget how HP AND Torque impact engine performance. I look for an engine that has about equal torque and HP. Many other factors of course, but this does help rule out engines that are pure marketing (like the Japanese engines that only get rated HP at 8000 RPM, with no torque at most RPMs). I was really disappointed that the E90 only increased the HP but no torque increase over previous generation -- thats mainly marketing hype.

This turbo engine finally delivers real-world, street performance with needed torque for this heavy car. I don't even care that much about the HP figure, just the fact that this is 300 ft/lbs of torque with no turbo lag.

For people who want performance and power, the extra price premium is worth every penny for the total extra performance (+HP, +++Torque, and general street feel). For people who just want balanced luxery with some solid performance, smaller BMW engines are just fine.
Dude, you GET it! HP means little unless it is backed by torque and the 335 is a TORQUE monster...the 330 is a torque weanie...I test drove the 335 yesterday and my ZHP never seemed slower.
Appreciate 0