View Single Post
      01-04-2015, 09:28 PM   #6
accel
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 328i MT ZSP

From this point on, - just refill and spray in different direction/depth. I let it stay and soak for 5-10 minutes between spraying to let cleaners work on bacteria.

It took ~10 minutes to remove the blower and 10 minutes to install it back. The spraying itself took 1.5-2 hours, just because I wanted cleaners to be in contact with the evaporator for more time.

As a result there was a lot of liquid under the car. Lots of cleaner smell.

I suggest you do it outside or at least put some container under the car to catch water. My car has sport package and is pretty low, so I couldn't find anything suitable to slide in, but for the next time I will buy some kitchen oven pan.

I had to water the garage afterwards and still there is still a lot of lysol smell. I've mentioned - the smell is not pleasant, so either use more pine sol after the lysol, or skip lysol completely.

By the time I started using pine sol I inspected the water under the car and noticed a lot of white substance and particles in it. Could be deposits of aerosol sprays I used before, or who knows what it was. At the second picture you can see white areas at the floor where cleaners drained.

Check if you have any leaks inside the car as you spray. If you notice something - I wouldn't continue as you can cause some shortage. In my case everything was dry inside.

After I used both bottles of cleaners I assembled the blower and the panel back in the reverse order. That was easy.

Started the car - everything worked - ventilation system, radio and all other systems. I was a little scared to spray this much water in the car, but looks like evaporator case is pretty isolated, which is as it should be as there's lots of moisture there during operation.

So I started the car and drove it for some time with fan and heater on. No smell of bacteria and lysol +pine sol smell is much better and natural that of those chemical aerosol sprays I used before.

So far so good but I will do this again in a little while just in case. This whole process isn't very difficult and I'd rather repeat it pro-actively than smell bacteria again.

That's it.
Attached Images

Last edited by accel; 01-05-2015 at 11:12 AM..
Appreciate 0