View Single Post
      03-22-2010, 03:24 PM   #21
Turkeybaster115
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socom View Post
My error. I didn't notice the part # for the Mercon SP continued to the line below. Missread it as a seperate line.
Not surprising, your on a mission to see people over pay by $60:00-$4.68, for mineral oil based cough syrup.

Quote:
I spoke with business services/products department/lubricants at Shell.
I spoke to shell houston texas, where they make it.

Quote:
As for my site regardings labeling of off market ATF your comment concerning Pentosin ATF1 is a perfect example. Bottle says it's applicable for 6HP but Pentosin PDS sheet states no.
ZF TE ML 11B puts pentosin, in the same catgory as Castrol transmax z, which is tested by ZF to be TE ML 14C*, *which is suitable to be used in bus transmissions for 2 years, or 1,000+ hours. But then again, you'd know that, right? since its pao based. You already read my link in the previous post, and seen the results of pao based vs mineral oil, which is why it said on here that castrol created the transmax line up in the 90's using pao base stock for longevity.

Quote:
I'm about spent with this and I've seen you've been questioning this all over the internet since 2009.
I understand most american BMW buyers are rich, and IMHO ignorant, which is why the dealerships are all well trained to teach them to undermaintain their cars, since, they wouldn't mind paying for new engines, transmissions etc. Nice re-manufacturing side-buisness, off the rich there. Australians, like myself, don't over pay for products.

Quote:
#1 What I know is that M-1375.4 is a base lubricant and brand specific additive packages are added.
Proof? Truth: Mineral oil is 80% of Lifeguard 6. It doesn't even qualify as TE ML 11A

Quote:
#2 I also know that sans one guy (Pentosin Rep) there is a handful of people (Even this guy who emailed me his opinion @ http://www.meurosport.com/ZF_Transmission_Fluid.php) who recommend against using any other ATF other than LG6 or OEM for the ZF 6HP.
See my previous post, you can e-mail anyone you want to feel better about yourself. I'm so proud of my australian brothers! They don't have time, for crap, and are tougher, stronger minded people.

Quote:
#3 Multi-spec ATF's can only meet the most BASIC of specifications of what they say on the bottle/PDS.
The only multi spec ATF I mentioned was castrol's. Its just fine in our transmission. I love its KV 100C of 8! Not bad for mineral oil based stuff! Won't hurt our trans, and its bound to have better thermal stability that LG6

Quote:
#4 MSDS does not tell you everything about the fluid. It tells you about the basic attributes but that's it.
sure it doesn't. I have to look at the spec sheet right? Oh wait, The specs are on the MSDS. Not bad for useless government required documentation.

Quote:
#5 You're unlikely to experience any problems in the short run (within 10-20k miles) using a fluid which is close to OEM if you're running shorter change intervals. (Ex, You use ATF1 since it says 6HP on the bottle, yet you've developed decreased MPG's, so obviously the fluid isn't the same a LG6. Note: LG6 isn't bad, but it's the change intervals which may be bad regardless of fluid used)
My gas mileage went down, very slightly with ATF1 (had more to do with winter temperatures, it turns out, than I previously realized), yes, and even castrol notes this, however, the trade off is decreased trans temps. Remember the NTHSA investigation? Looks like from the investigation, clutch pack temperatures jump as much as 70C every third time in a row, you change gears at WOT in an automatic. In no time, at the track or racing your buddy, your ATF has to bring down Metal surface temperatures of 300C+!!!! Thats 700F+

Quote:
#6 So if Amsoil sales bunnies are "not that smart" yet plenty of E46 BMW owners were sold Amsoil ATF for their A/Ts', whose the dumb one???
E46 M3 owners buy hype! After all they all use mineral oil based castrol 10W 60 TWS, and swear buy it. Even when they are shown proof of how castrol has been droping the PPM of ZDDP in that fluid over the last decade, they are still on the bus! I prefere non-M E46 owners. They have less disposable incomes, and don't have time for marked up dealership tap water. They are strong. Just like my australian brothers. Socom, You wouldn't last a day, in the outback!

Last edited by Turkeybaster115; 03-22-2010 at 03:45 PM..
Appreciate 0