03-22-2010, 03:47 PM   #22
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkeybaster115 View Post
Not surprising, your on a mission to see people over pay by $60:00-$4.68, for mineral oil based cough syrup.

I spoke to shell houston texas, where they make it.

ZF TE ML 11 puts pentosin, in the same catgory as Castrol transmax z, which is tested by ZF to be TE ML 14C*, *which is suitable to be used in bus transmissions for 2 years, or 1,000+ hours. But then again, you'd know that, right? since its pao based. You already read my link in the previous post, and seen the results of pao based vs mineral oil, which is why it said on here that castrol created the transmax line up in the 90's using pao base stock for longevity.

I understand most american BMW buyers are rich, and IMHO ignorant, which is why the dealerships are all well trained to teach them to undermaintain their cars, since, they wouldn't mind paying for new engines, transmissions etc. Nice re-manufacturing side-buisness, off the rich there. Australians, like myself, don't over pay for products.

Proof? Truth: Mineral oil is 80% of Lifeguard 6. It doesn't even qualify as TE ML 11A

See my previous post, you can e-mail anyone you want to feel better about yourself. I'm so proud of my australian brothers! They don't have time, for crap, and are tougher, stronger minded people.

The only multi spec ATF I mentioned was castrol's. Its just fine in our transmission. I love its KV 100 of 8! Not bad for mineral oil based stuff! Won't hurt our trans, and its bound to have better thermal stability that LG6

sure it doesn't. I have to look at the spec sheet right? Oh wait, The specs are on the MSDS. Not bad for useless government required documentation.

My gas mileage went down, very slightly with ATF1 (had more to do with winter temperatures, it turns out, than I previously realized), yes, and even castrol notes this, however, the trade off is decreased trans temps. Remember the NTHSA investigation? Looks like from the investigation clutch packs jump as much as 70C every third time in a row, you change gears at WOT.

E46 M3 owners buy hype! After all they all use mineral oil based castrol 10W 60 TWS, and swear buy it. Even when they are shown proof of how castrol has been droping the PPM of ZDDP in that fluid over the last decade, they are still on the bus! I prefere non-M E46 owners. They have less disposable incomes, and don't have time for marked up dealership tap water. They are strong. Just like my australian brothers. Socom, You wouldn't last a day, in the outback!

And true to form you resort to personal attacks which I can't for the life of me figure out why. Being that you're in Illinois, I can only surmise that you spent too much time in the outback yourself and felt cozy U.S of A was more palatable.

In any case, I'm NOT trying to prove that you're wrong. I'm just trying to push through the hype.

Oh and something I thought about regarding your call to Shell in Houston. They may indeed make 1375.4 but maybe it's exported. What would you like me to do when one of the product experts says "It's an old fluid made for ZF, not Ford or Mercon SP, and no longer manufactured in US"??
Appreciate 0