View Single Post
      11-27-2018, 12:08 PM   #43
n2siast
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93 335i M-SPORT

First, I want to give huge kudos and thanks to JAGAER for putting this together and for providing the QNX VM Image.

I previously cloned my CIC Drive to a Zheino drive, but didn’t expand the media partition, as I was having some difficulties with the software and not getting stuff to work together. I had another version of QNX, 6.2 I believe and that didn't play nice.

The Zheino worked well in the car and I was pleased with the outcome.

I was determined, however, to get this last piece done and bought another SSD, this time the Recadata Drive and Ableconn EIDE adapter.

With the provided QNX VM and some trial and error, I was finally able to make another drive and extend the partitions.

Only issue I ran into was working with Parted Magic, for some reason, on this drive, I was getting an error when trying to extend the partition to the end, but ended up using Paragon HDM to extend it out, then went back into Parted Magic and completed the rest.

Happy to report, everything worked extremely well and I now have a larger media partition for my music library.

Now I have an extra SSD (Zheino), with backup CIC loaded and 2018 maps, which I may entertain selling since I have my original disk and a couple of extra images. Not sure how it will work for someone though, since it may be tied to my VIN, especially the Navigation FSC Code.

Anyhow, thanks again to Jagaer and others who have contributed to this DIY and in the process educating me on the QNX platform
Appreciate 0