View Single Post
      04-13-2021, 02:48 PM   #1
haaken675
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 24v turbo e30, e92 335i

a/c recharge question

Hey everyone. I have gone and literally replaced every single a/c component in my car aside from the high pressure line....The PO of my car tried JB welding the low pressure line after what I can only assume was a break in it caused from a collision. New condenser, evaporator, compressor, expansion valve, and shrader valves, as well as some new hard lines......

When i went to put the compressor in over the weekend, the BRAND NEW belt tensioner failed, breaking at the t60 socket. What a nightmare. Ended up having to cut the belt i order to get the compressor out. Now im stuck waiting on the new belt and tensioner to come in.

That being said, i pulled vacuum on the system sine I already had the vacuum pump rented out. Wasn't able to recharge the system as I obviously couldn't run the car with no belt at the time. Am i going to have to rent the vacuum pump all over again, or should the system have held the vacuum for the ~week since i pulled the vacuum originally? It seemed to hold vacuum perfectly, but then again the systems are usually pressurized, not under vacuum and I imagine it will eventually lose vacuum?
Appreciate 0