View Single Post
      11-13-2010, 03:23 AM   #9
javaperson
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 F36

I'm thinking of doing a budget upgrade to the base stereo based on your recommendations above, but I have a few, maybe naive, questions. I've never installed a stereo/speakers in a car, but I enjoy tinkering and I'm looking for a fun project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
the new OEM tweeters plug into those mids
Do the OEM mids already have a connector for the OEM tweeters, or do i need another harness/tap?

Quote:
A custom jumper is used in the OEM woofer connector to restore the signal path to the door speakers.
Is this jumper some part that I need to get/make from parts from radio shack? or is it already there?

Quote:
The front outputs will be connected to the Cleansweep for the De-EQ and then input to the Pioneer amp. The Pioneer 4-CH amp will power the front and the woofers, the rear OEM speakers will be kept driven by the OEM HU.
Since the Cleansweep processes the front outputs, the bass or treble settings I use in the OEM HU won't matter, right? Those settings would only affect the rear speakers which are still driven by the OEM HU, right? If this is true, I worry that I wouldn't be able to make any adjustments and would rely on the new tweeters to produce decent highs. I guess this is a limitation of going on a budget? Do you have any recommendations if I wanted an EQ on a budget? Thanks.

Last edited by javaperson; 11-13-2010 at 03:34 AM..
Appreciate 0