View Single Post
      01-25-2019, 02:16 PM   #527
mastarron
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i xDrive M Sport e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnidge View Post
I have an interesting story. I bought a 2014 Z4 almost a year ago, April 2016. The car had 500 miles on it because it was some BMW executive's car. They sold it to me as a new car. When they sold it to me, they said since it was new it would come with free maintenance and the standard 4 yr/50k mile warranty. Today, I took it into the dealership to get the first maintenance. Oil change and break fluid. I asked them to confirm that it was all covered and explained it was sold to me as a new car. They looked it up and said the warranty expired because the in service date was January 2013. As you can imagine, I am not happy. I said I wanted to speak with the General Manager because they sold the car to me, less than a year ago, with the impression that I have free maintenance and plenty of warranty left. They never mentioned the in service date was January 2013 and that the warranty would expire in 9 months.

Which brings me to my question. I read on here that if you have an existing warranty, you can purchase a BMW extended warranty. However, since the dealership misled me, I did not know the warranty expired, last month. Can I still buy a BMW extended warranty or am I going to have to look at 3rd party warranties?

I'm so pissed off right now.
That is awful, if nothing is written in your purchase contracts it will be a crappy situation to be in.

Have you spoken to the general manager? You should also place a call with BMW corporate and escalate within their department to explain your situation.

You should not have been sold a "new car" if the warranty expired in 9 months. However, you will need to bring out your sale contracts from the day of purchase and what they actaully say. Either way, call corproate and take it from there.

Im interested to see what comes of this so keep us posted if you can.
Appreciate 0