View Single Post
      07-24-2018, 09:10 PM   #3
bmwlover123
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BashShah View Post
In my Opinion I think you have a UN-REGISTERED Miss Fire.

In order of urgency the things I would get looked at or even just do them completely.

1) Oil Pan Leak.....its just tooo much at once every 2 weeks. I would do the rear main seal also.

2) Walnut Blast.... get it done. (dont think about it.)
3) Plugs and Coils (Plugs use Bosch, Coils use Delphi or Edor Brand..... DO NOT USE Bosch anymore)
4) Inspect VCG and if it needs it, replace it.
5) Inspect OFHG and replace if needed. (Is the front of your engine dirty?
6) Vanos Solenoids (Clean and Swap) or replace
7) Replace all Vacuum lines on left and right of engine
8) Inspect Coolant and replace it with BMW Coolant and distilled water 50/50.
you should end up with 2 full jugs.
9) Belt, Tensioner, and Upper and Lower Pulleys. (I made a DIY on this)
9) Codes:

29f4 and 29F5: do you have Catless downpipes installed?
2DED:
EXPLANATION: The closed circuit current momentarily exceeds its threshold value when the TCU wakes up to perform the "Stolen Vehicle Recovery" function. This should not cause a discharged battery.
FIX: Take to dealer.

also clear all codes and then run again, after a short drive and lets see what comes up.

Thank you so much for the response. This is really helpful. I recorded videos of sensor and injector screens when this is happening. Can you please watch this and let me know if you can think of anything more specific?

I am new in U.S. I dont have that much money and trying to do maintenance for the first time in 9 months since I bought it. Do you have any ideas on how to get a good deal with a mechanic to do a bunch of fixes?

I realized that it only happens over 2000rpm. That is why it happens in sport mode and normal mode when going fast and with constant speed over 2000rpm causes the issue. Does this ring any bell to you

Appreciate 0