View Single Post
      10-16-2017, 05:06 PM   #86
xwilkinx
Straight Edge
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 • E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by yupetc View Post
It is detuned, I have the limp mode issue and Nic from AA sent sent me a revision. In the email he did mention it is a slightly detuned version admittingly.

I uploaded the revision and drove it for 2 weeks, so far I only experienced 1 incidence with limp mode. For that I wouldn't want to notify AA again and get a further detune.

With the issues afloat on AA's recent revision, I am compelled to say here that the first revision which gave me the limp mode on every start is the best tune. Very aggressive and car just moves! I just hope that instead of detuning it to get under the torque limit, it would be superb if AA just address the torque limit problem by disabling the limiter. For our automatic E90's the limiter is probably there for protection. But I'm really bummed out now. With all the mods on my car I know the car can be pretty peppy, but with detuning, it just sucks. I don't want to bad mouth AA, so I'll just live with what I got for now.
Totally agree with you here.

From talking with Nic the the culprit of the limp mode is a particular offending torque map.
Appreciate 0