View Single Post
      05-01-2018, 07:51 PM   #2634
adrianhan
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw 330i 2006

Hi everyone, I thought this is an appropriate thread to ask a question too about an engine noise.
My car is a 2006, 330i, n52, 93k miles.
I had the serpentine belt break on me as I was pulling out of garage. I replaced it and as soon as I started the engine it was running rough, checked the codes and it was a misfire on cylinder 2 and MAF sensor (which was not giving me any problems but it started right after I decided that probably is not a bad idea to clean it).

Replaced the plugs and the coils, car is running a lot better, unplugged the MAF (plugged in still runs a little rough), but with or without the MAF (new MAF is arriving tomorrow), there is a new continuous rumble, engine cold or hot, and I was wondering if anyone knows what could be the issue.
Here is a video of it.

I am not sure how breaking the serpentine belt could cause that, but I never heard that noise before. Is pretty loud an can be heard from inside the car too. Did NOT notice any impact while driving, performance wise, etc... just a nasty noise. The noise seems to be coming from below the intake towards the windshield... at least that's where I think the sound is coming from. I cannot seem to hear it anymore when I accelerate.

Thank you in advance for any input you might have.

Last edited by adrianhan; 05-01-2018 at 08:02 PM..
Appreciate 0