View Single Post
      11-08-2016, 08:05 AM   #26
bmuum3
Major
Rep
Drives: 1998 M3/4 ---> 2010 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SE7EN335 View Post
I bought some Koni Yellows and Eibach Pro kit as well and switched them from the crappy BC coilovers and replaced all the strut mounts, coil spring perches, bumpstops etc etc. I took the adjustable end links off the BC coilovers and replaced with my old stock sway bar end links. It rode beautifully for the first 5 days until about 500kms worth of use on them then the front starting getting clunky and rode a bit harsher and bumpier than usual. The rear still rode absolutely fine. I jacked up the car and saw the old stock sway bar end links had black fluid leaking out of them. So I replaced the sway bar end links with Meyle HD sway bar end links, and the clunkiness was gone and the ride quality was very noticeably better and was back to normal.

Look at your sway bar end links as well.
Sway bar links are brand new. The fronts I have seemed to get almost perfect with regards to how it rides. The rears are the issue so I am going to need to figure out how to adjust them. Hopefully adjusting them and getting them perfect doesn't show the flaws up front (actually it would probably be a good thing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SE7EN335 View Post
Do the front control arms really make that much of a difference in smoothness of ride? My upper front control arms were leaking a while ago and I changed them and the ride quality didn't feel any smoother, just more stable during handling. Maybe changing bad lower front control arms would make it feel smoother?
I know for my e36 M3, the controls looked okay when on the car, but when I pulled them off the ball joints were shot. Pressing new ones in and reinstalling on the car definitely helped with handling and comfort.
Appreciate 0