View Single Post
      12-25-2016, 06:55 AM   #36
SE7EN335
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 XDrive, 2023 IX M60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camman View Post
DWS's have very soft sidewalls so that would explain the unstable feel with lane changes on the highway. I had DWS's on my last car and I could definitely tell the sidewalls were much softer than all the other tires I've had in the past. Good tires though. Looking at DWS06 for my next set.

I'm thinking it's in your head too. You're on stiffer springs with stiffer shocks. You're going to feel a lot more imperfections in the road and the car is going to react to the smaller bumps that the old stock suspension just absorbed. Especially at slower speeds.
I feel that the "old stock" m sport suspension that was on mine for over 85k kms felt underdampened especially when it comes to hitting bumps at higher speeds. It feels like the whole car is gonna explode. After changing it to Yellows and Eibach Pro kit which are both stiffer springs and shocks, although it was definitely stiffer over imperfections, when it comes to hitting bumps at high speeds, it just tackles it with ease and is very compliant and the whole cabin remains very stable and composed.
Appreciate 0