11-12-2012, 08:34 PM   #20
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i, 2015 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomos319 View Post
Well, thats the exact problem I happen to have right now. I am fairly certain that the software/flash/whatever is invisible to the dealer,but they will surely notice it when the car only makes 2 PSI of boost.

With the flexfuel reflash, the dme runs limited boost when the sensor is not hooked up and/or the proceed isn't hooked up.

Right now my new-ish turbos are failing, so I have to take it back to the dealer. Yet, I had to pay $80 to ship the damned thing back to vishnu to flash it back to OEM. (overnight from Ohio to Cali FTL) Then I have to put it back in and put some miles on it.

There certainly are downsides if you ever want delaer assistance on the turbos again...

Sending DME's back and forth for dealer visits is one headache. But I think the real issue is updates. New tables are found all the time and little revisions to the flash maps are frequent. So keeping the flash side up to date with the latest VANOS change, or IAT decay, or whatever else these guys have planned, could be a real headache unless you can load the flashes at home.

Mike
Appreciate 0